Donate to Abu El-Reesh El-Mounira Hospital and
contribute In saving a child’s life
University Children’s Hospital “Abu El-Reesh El-Mounira” is the oldest and most prestigious specialized hospital for pediatrics and surgery in Egypt and the Middle East, established in 1928 (a tender journey that is more than 90 years old, three years after the merger of the Kasr Al-Ainy School of Medicine in the Egyptian University, Ibrahim Shawky Pasha established in 1928 the Department of Pediatrics to be the first academic department of pediatrics in Egypt, and this newborn department took the University Children’s Hospital in El Mounira as its headquarters to be the nucleus of the first teaching hospital specializing in pediatrics and surgery), from which many scholars graduated in this specialty in Egypt and the Arab world. The hospital was reconstructed and opened in 2000. The hospital provides general and specialized medical services to children from all over Egypt free of charge for more than 90 years. It receives half a million pediatric patients annually and performs more than 11,700 hemodialysis sessions, 4,000 surgeries, 2,500 endoscopic procedures, 24 kidney transplants and 12 marrow transplants annually.
Prof. Dr. Mona El-Ghamrawy
Abu El-Reesh El-Mounira Hospital director and rapporteur of the Zakat Committee
At Abu El-Reesh El-Mounira Children University Hospital,
We are always committed to providing the best possible care for our children in every sense of the word…
Our goal is a bright future and a better and healthier life for our children…
We work together to preserve the health and life of our children, provide them with all the requirements of distinguished medical care for free, consolidate the concept of leadership in pediatrics, and effectively contribute to the development of scientific research and enhance the research process locally and regionally…
Abu El-Reesh El-Mounira is a tender journey more than 90 years old. Three years after the merger of the Kasr al-Aini School of Medicine in the Egyptian University, Ibrahim Shawqi Pasha established in 1928 the Department of Pediatrics to be the first academic department of pediatrics in Egypt. The nucleus of the first teaching hospital specializing in pediatrics and pediatric surgery.